2 Post Lifts
Click on one of the manufacturer logos below to view our inventory of Two Post Lifts by manufacturer:
Check out our expert selection of 2 post lifts. Choose from a wide variety of two post lifts from the nation's leading manufacturers: BendPak, and Challenger Lift. For even greater savings, check out our Monthly Specials for great deals! We also offer our value priced line of 2 post auto lifts exclusively from Auto Lift. Our two post lifts range in lifting capacity from 8,000 - 18,000 lbs.and come with our stamp of approval.
Frequently Asked Questions - 2 Post Lifts
I'm a professional mechanic, what size 2 post car lift do you recommend for my shop or in my home garage?
For professional as well as home use, we recommend the BendPak XPR-10S Two post-Symmetric Clearfloor Lift with a 10,000lb capacity.
Should I be concerned about building requirements if I install my own 2 post car lift?
Yes, as the thickness of the concrete is imperative to support the installation of your new two-post car lift. The minimum thickness should be around 4 inches for regular capacity. The higher the weight capacity needed for two-post car lifts, then the thicker the concrete you will need.
Existing concrete floors should always be test drilled to verify the minimum floor thickness needed according to the two-post car lifts manufacturers requirements and a core sample should be obtained to test for compressive strength.
We always advise installing only on concrete, never on hand-mixed concrete to ensure maximum safety and proper installation.
What 2 post car lift is best?
The Challenger LE10 ALI-ETL Certified Versymmetric Two Post Car Lift with a capacity of 10,000 lb is one of the best 2 post lifts on the market today.
How much does a 2-post lift cost?
Depending on how many lbs capacity you are looking for, a two-post car lift is generally $2000.
What is a two-post lift?
A two-post above the ground lift is designed to lift cars and trucks for easy access to wheels and the underside of a vehicle. A two-post is normally mounted to an existing concrete surface, such as your garage floor.
Two-post lifts consist of two upright columns with four adjustable arms attached to a carriage assembly, two hydraulic cylinders, electric/hydraulic power unit and a variety of hoses, pulleys, and cables.
How much space do you need for a 2-post lift?
Optimal clearance height should be 11 to 12 feet, and at least two feet of space between the posts, your vehicle, and the sidewalls of your garage. Any less and you may find yourself struggling to move around your vehicle when it's on the lift so double-check the size of the two-post lift you're considering with the size of your garage.
How thick does the concrete need to be for a car lift?
Minimal concrete depth required for a two-post above ground lift is four inches.
If you're looking to use a two-post lift that can lift 12,000lbs or more, thicker concrete will be needed. Always refer to your two-post car lifts manufacturers manual to ensure you have the correct concrete thickness for your car lift before installation.
Are two post lifts safe?
As one of the most popular lifts in the world, as long as you carefully follow the requirements for safe installment, follow safety regulations while using it, and use your car lift properly, they are extremely safe and very reliable. These facts remain true regardless of brand. Bad decisions are most often the cause of two-post car lift accidents.
Which is better 2 post or 4 post lift?
Which car lift, two-post or 4-post will depend on a few things.
- Why are you buying a lift? If you're looking for a lift to simply store a car, a four-post will be a better bet.
- What is your budget? A two-post car lift is budget-friendly.
- How much space do you have? If you have a smaller garage or a small professional shop, space will be an issue. A two-post car lift takes up less space.
Which one is right for you will ultimately be up to you, your budget, and space which you can work with.
How do you level a 2-post lift?
If your floor is already perfectly level, then pay attention to the column plumbness. But the most important aspect is always confirming that the frame contact pads are equal.
If you have a slight pitch to the floor, and you plumb your columns to a sloped floor, your pads are going to be unlevel. This is extremely unsafe. To level a 2 post car lift your options would be as follows:
- Loosen the anchors on both columns
- Push the left column inward slightly to lower the left pads half the difference
- Push the right column outward slightly to elevate the right pads half the difference
- Shim as required until you get the pads level with one another
- Confirm that the columns are parallel
How do you lift a car with a 2-post lift?
- Move the swing arms backward and out of the way or double check they have been moved backward. Move the vehicle into the service area and park it between the two posts that make the lift.
- Locate your vehicle's lift points underneath. Swing the lift's arms under the vehicle and position the lift's pads under the lift points. Make sure to consult the owner's manual for your vehicle if you are unsure where the lift points are, then check the screw pads to ensure the swing arms contact the lift points at the same time.
- Locate and press the button on the power unit to begin to raise the vehicle until tires are six inches above the ground. Now, move to the rear of the vehicle and push the rear bumper up and down. If the vehicle bounces or moves on the pads in any way, or feels unstable, lower the vehicle back down to the ground and reposition the pads until it is stable.
- Once you are sure the vehicle is stable, press the button on the power unit once more and raise the vehicle to your desired height.
Two-Post Lifts Resources
Wondering how you're going to receive your new 2 post car lift from Best Buy Auto Equipment? View our shipping frequently asked questions. Chances are one of our other customers has asked the same questions and already has their new two post auto lift.
Still have 2-post car lift questions? Call one of our experts today!