Shop for Dent Repair Tools
Auto body experts use a variety of dent repair tools to correct dings and restore vehicle exteriors. Whether vehicle restoration is your passion or profession, Best Buy Auto Equipment is your online resource for smoothing automotive surfaces.
Types of Car Indentations
Car dents usually occur on the outside panels of a vehicle. They can be caused by a number of unexpected events, including a collision with another car, icy/stormy weather, vandalism, or driver error. Depending on the force and angle of impact, vehicles exteriors may exhibit different types of indentations. These include:
• Smooth – Caused by minor pressure. It has no creases
• Creased– There are noticeable creases coming out from the point of impact, and the panel is significantly deformed
• Narrow – Caused by smaller objects. These types of dings are usually located in strong areas of the panel
• Large/significant – Indentation has a shallow angle and is large in area
• Bonnet – Created by pebbles and rocks that fly up onto the hood of the automobile
• Roof – Caused by hail
You can try to determine the extent of indentation damage by using a flashlight to determine the sharpness or shallowness of the angle. Also, be sure to note the panel where the damage occurred – some areas are harder to reach than others. Panel indentations should be diagnosed by a qualified body shop before repairing.
Choosing Dent Repair Tools
Depending on the angle and depth of the depression, body specialists may choose from a variety of options. At Best Buy Auto Equipment, we have a ready-to-ship supply of these tools, including:
You can click on product pictures for detailed descriptions, such as size and shipping concerns. If you are torn between two products, you can compare the qualities of the two by using our handy compare option, located just below the product pictures.
Discuss Your Product Needs with an Expert
Best Buy Auto Equipment provides the customer support you need to make the most informed purchasing decision. Our car experts are here Monday through Friday, 9AM to 8PM EST, to help you choose the dent repair tools that meet your unique needs.