Accu-Turn® 8944L Multi−Speed Disc/Drum Brake Lathe
Choice of Professional Technicians. The Accu−turn’s model 8944L offers greater choice in machining speed and quality of surface finish.
Interchangeable arbors and accessories increase the diversity of applications. For rotors, drums or flywheel as well as virtually any other work piece that can be mounted and reached by a tool bit can be cut. A true metal cutting lathe.
- Same World Class design as our model 8922 with added versatility of adjustable rotor and drum feed speeds between .001” - .010”.
- Three (3) available arbor speeds provide a whole new level of versatility.
- Increased arbor speed provides for machining times as low as 4 minutes.
- Positive rake tooling yields “one pass” finish cut every time. No need for multiple passes.
- True machine shop design utilizing dovetail ways & adjustable gibb construction insures that you can maintain peak performance for the life of the lathe. Easy adjustments for wear. Tapered roller bearing supported spindle designed for maximum longevity.
Experienced technicians requested greater control over the machining process. Accu−Turn engineers designed the professional series 8944L giving operators the choice of surface finish. Technicians may choose speed machining for less critical work pieces or by slowing down cross feed,his model is capable of producing racing rotors with the smoothest braking finish possible.
Infinitely Adjustable Feed Rates − You have the ability to easily modify the feed rate with the turn of a dial. Reduce the cut time or increase the microfinish depending on the job needs. Now you have the versatility.
Three Arbor Speeds − Easily change arbor speed in seconds, Choose 100, 150 or 200 RPM depending on the size of work at hand. Speed up for smaller import work, slow down for larger truck work.
Positive rake cutter tip angle − Provides for one pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete the work faster than multiple pass machining processes. Metal and heat come off the top of the tip as you machine, allowing for one pass machining with virtually any depth of cut, regardless of the amount of material.
Dovetail Way and Adjustable Gibb Design − The most dependable repeat guidance system in the machining industry. System provides for the ability to adjust out any tolerance increase caused by years of wear. Maintain factory tolerances for the life of the lathe. Dovetail ways are covered by stainless steel way covers for
Tapered Roller Bearing Spindle − The lathe spindle is supported by Timken tapered roller bearings for years of maintenance free turning.
Massive lathe housing casting − Combining a total mass of 470 lbs and a solid table top platform design the 8944L eliminates transient vibrations ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish on every pass.
Independent DC feed motors − Utilizing independent feed motors for rotor and drum improves the lathes versatility to machine all varieties of drums and rotors. Through a separate switch wiring we substantially reduce the possibility of catastrophic operator error.