Accu-Turn® 8922L Combination Brake Lathe
Choice of Professional Technicians. The Accu−turn’s model 8944L offers greater choice in machining speed and quality of surface finish.
A proven performer Accu−turn’s model 8922L changed the entire brake lathe industry.
- Tested and approved by General Motors for machining rotors to GM’s high standards and specifications.
- One pass finish design insures a premium product with minimal machining time.
- Capable of machining brake rotors, drums or flywheels.
- Positive rake tooling yields “one pass” finish cut every time. No need for multiple passes.
- True machine shop design utilizing dovetail ways & adjustable gibb construction insures that you can maintain peak performance for the life of the lathe.
- Independent feed motors provide maximum versatility and ease of use
As vehicle braking systems changed during the 1980’s it became imperative that the machining process and equipment meet the demands of a new era. The 8922 was the result and changed the entire brake lathe industry within several years after introduction in 1984.
The 8922L is designed to handle virtually all passenger and light truck rotors and drums. Achieving the flatness, parallelism and surface finish demanded by the new style, smaller, lighter, thinner and even composite rotors.
Positive rake cutter tip angle − Provides for one pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete the work faster than multiple pass machining processes. Metal and heat come off the top of the tip as you machine, allowing for one pass machining with virtually any depth of cut, regardless of the amount of material.
Dovetail Way and Adjustable Gibb Design − The most dependable repeat guidance system in the machining industry. System provides for the ability to adjust out any tolerance increase caused by years of wear. Maintain factory tolerances for the life of the lathe. Dovetail ways are covered by stainless steel way covers for
Tapered Roller Bearing Spindle − The lathe spindle is supported by Timken tapered roller bearings for years of maintenance free turning.
Massive lathe housing casting − Combining a total mass of 470 lbs and a solid table top platform design the 8944L eliminates transient vibrations ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish on every pass.
Independent DC feed motors − Utilizing independent feed motors for rotor and drum improves the lathes versatility to machine all varieties of drums and rotors. Through a separate switch wiring we substantially reduce the possibility of catastrophic operator error.