Accu-Turn® 8997 Heavy-Duty Combination Brake Lathe Package
Possesses all the features of the model 8922, capable of machining automobile brakes, as well as heavy-duty trucks and buses.
- Increased drum width capacity - a full 10” drum facing width.
- Two arbor speeds; 52 and 105 for safe, larger truck machining.
- Oversized tapered roller bearings supported spindle designed for maximum longevity.
- Interchangeable arbors and accessories increase the diversity of applications. For rotors, drums or flywheels a full range of packages or accessories are available to handle the widest range of vehicles.
- Packages available with oversized extended arbor and outboard support increasing the lathes capacity to 600 lbs. for rear drum/tire assemblies.
- Positive rake tooling yields “one pass” finish cut every time. No need for multiple passes.
- True machine shop design utilizing dovetail ways & adjustable gibb construction. Easy adjustments for wear over the life of the lathe.
- Optional 434469 Available 2” boring bar assembly allows machining of large heavy duty flywheels.
Two Arbor Speeds of 52 and 105 RPM − Provides safe, slow machining of rotors to 24” and drums to 28”.
Truck Arbors and Extensive Accessories − Featuring two truck shops with 1 7/8” OD arbor standard, either with or without an outboard support expanding the machining capacity to 600 lbs, the 8989 says TRUCK.
Expanded Facing Width − Rotors to 4.5” and drums to a full 10” facing width gives you the range to handle just about anything you can fit in your building.
Positive Rake Cutter Tip Angle − Provides for one pass finish virtually every time, allowing you to complete the work faster than a multiple pass machining processes. Metal and heat come off the top of the tip as you machine allowing for one pass machining with virtually any depth of cut. Get it in, get it out — faster then any lathe in the industry.
Dovetail Way and Adjustable Gibb Design − The most dependable repeat guidance system in the machining industry. System provides for the ability to adjust out any tolerance increase caused by years of wear. Maintain factory tolerances for the life of the lathe. Dovetail ways are covered by stainless steel way covers for
Tapered Roller Bearing Spindle − The lathe spindle is supported by Timken tapered roller bearings for years of maintenance free turning.
Massive lathe housing casting − Combining a total mass of 470 lbs and a solid table top platform design the 8944L eliminates transient vibrations ensuring a smooth uninterrupted surface finish on every pass.
Independent DC feed motors − Utilizing independent feed motors for rotor and drum improves the lathes versatility to machine all varieties of drums and rotors. Through a separate switch wiring we substantially reduce the possibility of catastrophic operator error.